Terms and Conditions of Use
By using the Stitcher.com website, software downloads and any related services (collectively, "Stitcher Service"), a service of Stitcher, Inc., you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
Version One Notice
Please note that this is currently a first release of the site and may not contain all the features or have all the hardware resources of the final release. We have implemented and follow industry standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to personal information but recognize that no Internet site can fully eliminate security risks. Use of this Version One should be with consideration of these risks.
- You must be 16 years and older to use this site and any related services.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Stitcher Service, including but not limited to Stitcher's website, its client applications or any of its related technologies. Content on the Website, and available through its Services is provided to you for your information and personal use only and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose. Stitcher reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.
- You agree not to distribute any part of the Stitcher Service, its website or related clients, in any medium without Stitcher's prior written authorization. You further agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of Content of third parties obtained through the Website or its services for any commercial purposes.
- You agree not to access Content produced by Stitcher or any third party through any technology or means other than the playback pages of the Website itself, the Stitcher client applications, or other explicitly authorized means Stitcher may designate.
- You further agree not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Stitcher.
- You may not use the Stitcher service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- In the event of the addition of any messaging capabilities you must not create or submit unwanted email to any Sticher Service members or use the service to send spam.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of the Stitcher Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements may result in the termination of your account. While Stitcher prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Stitcher cannot be responsible for content posted, submitted, or otherwise made available on its web site or the conduct of other users. You further agree that nonetheless you may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Stitcher service at your own risk.
By providing preference information, personal information, ratings, and other content ("Content"), you agree to let Stitcher to use your content to help you and other Users find digital entertainment of interest to them. You also agree to let Stitcher use your Content in any manner Stitcher chooses.
Stitcher undertakes to obey copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim regarding copyright infringement, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on their behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Stitcher to locate the material.
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to email@example.com. Written communication can be sent to Copyright, Stitcher, Inc., 250 Montgomery St, 15th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Stitcher Service for any reason, without notice at any time. We also reserve the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms of Service, we will notify you by posting an announcement of the changes together with a link to the new Terms of Service on the Stichr website. We also reserve the right to email you these changes. What constitutes a "material change" will be determined at our sole discretion, in good faith, and using common sense and reasonable judgment.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time and may, but have no obligation to, remove content that we determine in our sole discretion to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
Stitcher Premium gifts are only valid towards the Stitcher Premium service. Nonrefundable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. An unredeemed gift expires a year after the purchase date. No resale. Stitcher is not responsible for lost or stolen gift vouchers or unauthorized use. The Redeemer’s account will show a Stitcher Premium subscription for the timeframe gifted, with the timeframe starting from the date of redemption. Once a gift subscription is redeemed, the Redeemer may not transfer or assign access to the service to another person or another Stitcher account. A gift subscription cannot be redeemed by a recipient who already has a Stitcher Premium subscription.
Stitcher gift subscriptions are not refundable or redeemable for cash, either prior to or subsequent to redemption, unless otherwise required by applicable law. Except as otherwise permitted by these Terms and Conditions, Stitcher gift subscriptions may not be exchanged and cannot be combined with other Stitcher offers or promo codes. A subscription initiated via a gift subscription is not eligible for any free trial period that may be offered. We are not responsible for hardware issues related to your device's access to the service.
Stitcher is not responsible for lost or stolen gift subscriptions or subscription codes. Any gift subscription code that Stitcher believes in its sole discretion to have been purchased or obtained fraudulently or through illegal means will be subject to invalidation without refund.
Stitcher gift subscriptions may not be resold. Any gift subscription voucher code that has been resold is subject to invalidation at Stitcher’s sole discretion.