Eyes of the World: Anne Sullivan & Kelly Gallagher
Mari is back for her second guest appearance on the Mimosa Sisterhood podcast! Melissa starts off by telling the insane and largely forgotten story of Anne Sullivan, the visually impaired teacher best known for her lifelong relationship with Hellen Keller. Marisol introduces us to Kelly Gallagher, a British Paralympic skier and gold medal-winner with oculocutaneous albinism.
If you enjoy this episode, share it with a friend and leave a 5-star rating and review on Apple podcasts!
In this episode, we talk about:
- 2020 New Years Eve bust
- Melissa's rude awakening that she's over 30 and can't ride a bike in the wind
- El Segundo Brewing Company's Mayberry IPA and Trader Joes' Tequinique Cabernet Sauvignon
- Anne Sullivan's childhood as a visually impaired orphan trapped in a medical prison institution
- Rumors of cannibalism and perversion at The Almshouse in Tewksbery institution
- Perkins School for the Blind and Helen Keller's plagiarism investigation
- The difference between the Olympics, Paralympics, and the Special Olympics
- Albinism, nystagmus, and visual impairment
- The persecution of people with albinism across the globe
- Mari's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holdingsunshine/
- Mimosa Sisterhood's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mimosasisterhood/
- Perkins School for the Blind: https://www.perkins.org/
- NOAH National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation: https://albinism.org/
- Kelly Gallagher at the Sochi 2014 Paralympics Winter Games: https://youtu.be/ULV1s2Vssts
- Eyes of the World by The Grateful Dead: https://youtu.be/kuSJ0djewQU
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/mimosasisterhoodpodcast.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.