Empowering You to be "Bold, Tenacious, & Resilient": Ashley Marie at B.T.R Bar
Ashley Marie, Founder and Chief Snack Officer of B.T.R Bar joins Melissa on the mic for our Everyday Woman series. Ashley partnered with registered dieticians, a personal chef, and a food scientist to create a protein bar with the highest quality, cleanest, best ingredients on the planet AKA the first protein with a purpose! B.T.R is an abbreviation for her parents’ mantra, “Be BOLD, TENACIOUS & RESILIENT” and the company is a tribute to her parents who passed away from rare forms of cancer.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Ashley's experience as a caretaker for her parents
- Launching a business AND getting married during a pandemic
- Creating a protein bar with 7+ key functional superfoods & adaptogens
- Keeping your day job and transferring your professional skillset to your passion project or side business
- #BTRtogether Scholarship which donates a portion of proceeds to organizations that empower young women, such as Girls Who Code
- Putting your ego aside and listening to your customers
- Managing grief and coping with the loss of loved ones
- The meaning of Sisterhood
- B.T.R Bar website: https://www.eatbtrbar.com/
- B.T.R Bar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/btr.bar/
- B.T.R Bar recipes: https://www.eatbtrbar.com/blogs/recipes
- Girls Who Code Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/girlswhocode/
- Cancer Support Community: https://www.cancersupportcommunity.org/
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/mimosasisterhoodpodcast.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.