7 Ways to Get Through Tough Days, Weeks & Months In Love & Relationships
We often want to be recognized for what we did well and not for our mistakes. If we keep hearing the things we did wrong over and over, we tend to see them as truth and eventually keep repeating the same mistakes.
This is where most relationships struggle because people often focus on the wrong, the mistake, the unsightly character instead of appreciating the good traits, the commendable actions, and the everyday effort our partners put into the relationship.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty talks about looking past the negative aspects of your relationship and learning to pick out what can make it work.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:19 Getting through the tough days, weeks, and months in a relationship
- 04:39 Principle #1: Think of the person as a dear friend
- 08:32 Principle #2: Relationships should have non-negotiables and things you can be persuaded on
- 13:25 Principle #3: Don’t respond out of your own insecurity and ego
- 16:56 Principle #4: Don’t expect your partner to be like you in situations
- 18:47 Principle #5: Don’t try to change them to be you
- 20:46 Principle #6: Amplify who they are in bad times
- 22:10 Principle #7: Do an intervention on yourself